AUTUMN

A Message to Readers: This piece of poetry marks, not just the beginning of a new chapter in my life, but also the completion of a year of the existence of Unbroken Reveries. Autumn is a beautiful season, and I adore the way it reflects our life and deems it appropriate for us to shed away what we no longer require, and grow and develop to feel better and happier. I hope you enjoy reading the poem. 



(Photograph By: Hina Naela)

 The wooden bench, cold with solitude,
Housed a bundle of nerves and grey hair,
Fingers painfully twisted at odd angles,
And joints creaking louder than floorboards.
 
Through green eyes that missed their twinkle,
I gazed at autumn leaves falling on moist earth,
From branches that had said their goodbyes,
Preparing for the icily lonely winter ahead.
 
With immortal likeness, the park was unchanged,
Rusty swings swaying amidst children’s laughter,
Like brown leaves clinging to leather boots,
Desiring to be cherished till the end, a last refuge.
 
I pulled threads hanging out of my cardigan,
Somehow more taking their place, sprouting up,
Panicking, I grabbed them, unable to control
When a leaflet fell gently on my wrist.
 
About to cast it away, I stopped, blinking
At the strange uniqueness, revealed on inspection,
Amongst blotches of death were glimpses of green,
A musty, sweet fragrance screaming for life.
 
Overcome by a sudden wave of sadness, I sighed,
Turned it around, whispered, “You left before your time,”
Brushing the tip lightly against a faded ring mark,
That remained, but a memory of cozy September evenings.

Comments

  1. Hey Hina!
    Congratulation on the successful 1st anniversary of Unbroken Reveries. Keep it up! Lovely work 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hina,
    Congratulations on completing one year and wish you all the best. Love your work!💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations di!! May unbroken reveries grows more and more and becomes more successful !!❤️👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn has always been my favourite season, for just the kind of timeless, eternal beauty it symbolised. Today, the joy I feel for your first blogger anniversary, adds a touch more emotion to the season of changes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome writing, sweetheart. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts