ANCHOR

A Message to Readers: Life is not a bed of roses. There are times when we find ourselves falling down, with no end in sight. We feel pain that cannot be explained and loss that cannot be regained. When you read this poem, think about the person who has been by your side during these times. Think about the individual who, at some point, told you or did something that changed the way you viewed yourself. It could be a stranger, or it could be you, yourself. Perhaps if you truly focus on who your anchor is, who keeps you grounded and continues to help you realise that your life is worth living, the colors will seem brighter and the darkness less haunting. 





Sandpaper fingertips
Trace the outline of
A face forged in memory;
The anchor holding me still.

I close tightly, my eyes shut
Finding myself floating amidst
Sadness, pain and desolation
Whirlpool of a sickly existence.

My soul reaches out to you
In a darkness so consuming
I find myself nearly lost
Nearly, until I see you again.

Storms uprooting my beliefs
And waves of hopelessness
Washing over sandcastle dreams
Tended and restored, by you.

In a world where happiness
Remains a privilege criminal
You taught me to smile freely
And run away from the shadows.

Everytime I gather, devise ways
To fix the cracks in my wall
You hold gently, my hand, and
Say, "Find the ability to appreciate."

Fairytales, deceptively creeping
Showing dreams beyond bounds
With you, the magic is real
Possibilities ahead, endless.

Dear anchor, you have saved me
Time and again, without fail;
Let me, too, rescue you from
The force I call 'me'.

Comments

  1. Absolutely Awesome, Sweetheart 🥰
    Wow !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyrical, poignant and gorgeous! Its cadence balladic quality would, I feel, make a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :D
      I admit I was writing a half-song, half-poem and it turned out this way. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts