DEAR

 


(Painting By: Tanya Jain)


Look at me, dear, and tell me what you see.
Which face, which reality have I decided to show?
Can you sense the plastic smile?
Does it hurt to listen to fake laughter?

The corners of my eyes, crinkled with forgotten joy,
Glistening gaze, overflowing from the soul;
Can you decipher the storms brewing within?
Oh, dear. Careful. Easy it is, to get lost.

Knots, curls entwined, unkempt and uncared for,
Hours spent pulling, failed attempts to uproot anguish;
Is the stench of sorrow quite so evident?
Perhaps, some fresh air, dear, to clear it away.

I stare out the window,
My chest a voiceless hollow,
Strangers pass by, oblivious,
Was that you I saw, skipping about happily, as I faded away, dear?

So, look at me, dear and tell me what you see.
Are the colors brighter today?
I painted a persona, just for you,
Do you like it,
Dear?


Comments

  1. Great job, absolutly amazing, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting with an absolutely perfect poem!!! Wonderful work... God bless you both with a very Happy and bright future. May we get more of this combo. Of course I like it.... Dear.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words stir visuals in the mind as starkly as art, and the painting pierces the heart like poetry in colours! I can compare the two only to each other, such is the beauty.♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :)
      This is one of the best feedbacks we have received.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts