WASTE OF SPACE

A Message for Readers: This piece deals with the belief that one is a burden to the people around them and that their lives would be far better if the person was not there. Sometimes, I feel so too, and I have come to realize it is a valid feeling, albeit misleading and often illusionary. And so, to anyone who finds their emotions mirrored in this piece, I hope that one day, you will realize just how important you are to the people around you and that they would never, ever want to part ways with you - you make their world a brighter place just as they make yours.


(Picture from Pexels)



The white walls are thin,
Their voices creep in,
The blood from my wounds
Pools around my feet.
 
I clutch my satin dress,
Twisted fabric in my grip,
As remnants of my self-esteem
Chip away like old paint.
 
‘She is a waste of space,
Like books never read,
And a wilting flower vase
Collecting dust all day.’
 
Murmurs of agreement,
Piercing yeses and yeas:
‘We’d be better off
Without her slithering darkness.'
 
(I wonder.)

Was it the desire for happiness,
Glimpses of a selfish awakening,
The constant insecurity and reassurance,
That sealed my fate?
 
If in this moment,
I was really to disappear,
Would they find the peace
I so cruelly snatched away?
 
(Yes, whispers a familiar voice in my head.)
 
I want to ease their pain
Take away the suffering
Bury myself far and deep
And be an honorable waste of space.
 
 
 
 


Comments

  1. You are awesome and infinitely special, sweetheart, just as you are. Love you ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and love you too. ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  2. Hey Hina! I think it's a must read for so many people out there and it serves as a great reminder of their worth and importance! I'm so happy that you have the power of your writing to bring an impact so crucial and make people realize such vital things and also give them hope. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, didi!! I'm always humbled by the power words have. :)

      Delete
  3. I am proud of you for being brave, for being courageous enough to give a voice to the darkest fears that most are unable to acknowledge. And for doing it so eloquently, for weaving your magic with it, and making it that much more real. 🖤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that means the world to me! ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts